Today, once again, I’m stamping flowers and not branches with my current favorite set Thoughtful Branches. And once again…I love the beautiful sentiments that work for every occasion. This time around I’ve used the beautiful Thank You sentiment from the set.
It seems that everyone in the SU stamping world has gone hydrangea crazy with this set so I thought I’d jump on board as well using some of my favorite colors in a soft but elegant color combo.
This design also gave me a chance to once again use my favorite Baker’s Twine. I love the black and white variety of the twine. Added a bit of pop I thought. The little black dress of bows if you will. Always appropriate…always coordinates with other colors. Of course black also works well with pearls. Hm…next time I create this design I’ll have to play with bitty pearls on the flower section.
I love how easy this card is to make. Even with the die cutting it took under 10 minutes to create and doing multiples is extremely easy. Especially if you have the Big Shot Die Brush and the new Big Shot Platform that makes cutting intricate dies a joy!
Yet another design that’s perfect for Spring, Summer or varied Occasions cards. From Mother’s Day to Wedding to Sympathy. You can vary the flower and color layer colors for different effects. Another card too that would lend itself to a bit of metallic embossing on the top floral die cut and the sentiment.
Stamps: Thoughtful Branches
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink & Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Mint Macaron, Wisteria Wonder & Whisper White Cardstocks
Tools & Adhesives: Big Shot, New Big Shot Platform, Big Shot Die Brush, Bone Folder, Basic Black Baker’s Twine (variegated variety), Dimensionals, SNAIL
- Mint Macaron cardbase – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″. Fold and crease with bone folder.
- Adhere Elegant Eggplant layer (4″ x 5-1/4″) to Mint Macaron cardbase.
- On focal Whisper White layer (3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″) stamp chosen sentiment in either Elegant Eggplant or Memento Tuxedo Black on the lower right hand side of paper. Adhere to layered cardbase.
- Die cut the Stem section in Mint Macaron.
- Using Wisteria Wonder or Elegant Eggplant ink stamp the flower petal hydrangea image on Wisteria Wonder cardstock and die cut .
- Die cut the hydrangea flower image in Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- Crumple the Wisteria Wonder flower top.
- Adhere the Mint Macaron stem piece to the focal layer after checking the placement with die cut flower pieces.
- Adhere the Elegant Eggplant flower die cut with SNAIL to the focal layer.
- Crumple again and using cut up dimensionals (or the new adhesive strip pieces) adhere the stamped Wisteria Wonder flower offset on top of the Elegant Eggplant flower.
- Combine three lengths of Basic Black Baker’s twine and tie a bunny ear bow. Adhere to card layered front and trim as needed.
- Decorate interior of card and envelope as desired.
That’s it for this sample design. See previous days for other recent ideas for this fun stamp and die set.
Check back before September 1 for more Thoughtful Branches ideas.
Hugs and happy creating!
Here’s a closer look of all that’s included in the Thoughtful Branches Bundle.
Don’t forget…last day to purchase this wonderful set is August 31.
To see the purchase details and a larger view of the images click the link below.