Yep…Linda is back as my guest artist again and this time she does Grunge…Gorgeously!
Check it out. This was Linda’s second project from our most recent Stamp Camp. Don’t you wish you could have been there to make one for yourself? We have a gift camp coming up this Saturday if you’d like to join us. We’ll make several gift type projects so you can get a jump on your holiday gift planning.
For this project Linda took her inspiration from one of the make and takes from the 2013 Stampin Up Convention. Linda was lucky enough to attend this year’s 25th Anniversary Convention and brought back lots and lots of ideas and has been busy sharing the inspiration and excitement of her experiences in Salt Lake City. She also brought back some loot for Cheryl and I in the form of Memento Mall goodies. Don’t you love friends who bring you gifts from a trip? Very special. Will have to dedicate a post just to that sometime soon! something else she brought back was hundred’s of swaps! Lucky Linda now has loads of inspiration for those days when the mojo runs dry. As you can see from this card though…her mojo is just fine!
Here it is paired with a gorgeously grungy envelope too!
Linda has been kind enough to hook us all up with her supply list and directions.
Stamp Sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Hello, Lovely
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral Classic Pad and Marker
Accessories: Whisper White Baker’s Twine 9”, Very Vintage Designer Button, Epic Day This & That Designer Washi Tape, Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder, ” 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Stamping Sponges, Stamp-a-Ma jig, Simply Scored. Sticky Strip.
- Score standard Whisper White card base at 5 ½” with Simply Scored and crease fold with bone folder.
- Cut Coastal Cabana Cardstock into an arrow using Paper Snips. Stamp ½ of arrow lengthwise with the stripe stamp inked with Coastal Cabana onto arrow and then adhere Silver Glimmer paper to the back of the arrow to create the border. (may need to use a little Sticky Strip to get it to hold)
- Adhere to card front.
- Stamp off the spatter images from Gorgeous Grunge in Bermuda Bay and Summer Starfruit ink on scrap paper, then stamp on the card front and envelope without re-inking the stamp.
- Ink the “Hello, Lovely” sentiment from Hello Lovely using a Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write marker and stamp onto Crisp Cantaloupe CS. Stamp & sign in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and then punch circle out with 1 ¾” Circle punch. Adhere onto card front. (Can use Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up).
- Stamp the small arrow in Old Olive ink on Whisper White CS, then cut out the image using Paper Snips. Adhere to Circle on Card front.
- Hold the Whisper White Baker’s Twine on the Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad using a Stampin sponge, then pull the twine through the ink to add color.
- Pull twine through Button and tie a bow. Then adhere Very Vintage Button onto card front with Glue Dot.
- Tear off Epic Day This & That Designer Washi Tape and adhere it to the card and envelope.
10. Stamp sentiment inside.
11. Don’t forget to decorate your envelope.
Thanks Linda! Grunge never looked so good!
Until next time….
Hugs and blessings – Jean
P.S. If you missed Linda’s last excellent project you can find it here.