Welcome to the first ever Hanukkah Blog Hop! My sister demos and I are so excited to be able to share with you some wonderful Hanukkah related projects. We’ll be posting 2 projects a week on Sunday’s & Wednesday’s until the first day of Hanukkah on December 9th! There are 4 of us participating so that is a total of 9 hop days for a total of 36 ideas!! Are you ready to be Hanukkah project inspired?!
You should have arrived from Miriam’s blog if all went well with our links. Wasn’t her first project wonderful! I can’t wait to see more of her inspiring work over the next few weeks. All four of us have been sharing our general ideas but every new post will be an inspiring and CASEable surprise for us as well as our readers.
Here’s my first project that makes use of Stampin’ Up’s new Jewish Celebrations stamp set from the current Holiday Catalog. When I saw this set I was hooked and couldn’t stop coming up with ideas for it’s use. With the Shalom greeting and other images it’s not just for Hanukkah. I’ve added it to my permanent collection on the do not sell ever shelf! I’m also in love with the new Illuminate Glimmer Ink and the new Silver Dazzling Details, also from the Holiday Catalog! Perfect for adding shimmer and shine to any Hanukkah project! And of course our new Midnight Muse In Color is perfect for a holiday that traditionally features blue.
Midnight Muse Framed Menorah Hanukkah Card
Color Scheme: Midnight Muse, Whisper White & “Sparkle and Shine”
Stamps: Jewish Celebrations
Ink: Midnight Muse Classic Ink, Illuminate Glimmer Ink
Paper: Midnight Muse & Whisper White cardstock
Other: Starburst Jumbo Wheel, Big Shot, Oval Accent Bigz die, Window Frame Framelits & Silver Dazzling Details
Tip: Rremember that the Midnight Muse In Color ink is one of the new firm foam pads and requires a light touch. It’s also a very dark and smudge making ink so keep an eye on your hands and wash regularly if needed when working with our Whisper White. If you find yourself with some boo boo’s – some smaller stamps can be used to cover up smudges.
1) Score the Midnight Muse card base (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″) at 4-1/4” line with the Simply Score then fold and crease with bone folder.
2) Wheel the Starburst jumbo wheel across the Illuminate Glimmer pad a couple of times (moving always in one direction) then wheel across the long side of the card base. Reink wheel and repeat until base is covered in stars. Should take two – three swipes.
3) With the Big Shot, cut one Oval Accent die piece in Whisper White for the base layer. Using two Window Frame Framelits cut a slender frame in Midnight Muse. Very cool that the Window Frame Framelits mimic some of the shape of the Oval Accent die don’t you think? One might almost think that Stampin’ Up planned it that way…right? 😀
4) Wheel the Starburst Wheel with the Glimmer ink over the Whisper White piece and the Midnight Muse Frame. Set aside and let dry for a minute. Sponge daub Midnight Muse around edges of WW.
5) Stamp Menorah in center of WW Oval Accent piece then adhere MM frame around it. Stamp Star of David image at top and bottom. Let dry and add silver dazzling details as desired. Caution: The Dazzling Details can smudge the ink if you have to come back in with a less than steady hand. The trick is to drop it down in a line. 😀
While the Illuminate glimmer ink doesn’t show up well in the picture on the Whisper White, it does shimmer in real life when you tilt the card in the light.
Thank you for hopping along with us.
Your next stop is Andi’s blog, where she is going to show you some more great Hanukkah related projects!
Make sure to come back again and visit on Wednesday for Day 2 of our Hanukkah Blog Hop!
Here’s a complete list of the Hanukkah Blog Hoppers in case any links don’t work.
Filed under: 2012 Holiday Catalg, 2012-2013 Annual Catalog, Big Shot, Blog Tours, Cards, Event Cards, Jewish Holidays | Tagged: 2012 Holiday Catalog, 2012-2013 Annual Catalog, Big Shot, Blog Tours, Cards, Event Cards, Jewish Holidays & Celebrations |